Baguio to Reopen by September; Here’s the List of Requirements for Tourists
Yes, you read that right! The summer capital of the Philippines is finally re-opening their city for tourists by September 2020. Visitors will just have to go through a procedure to make sure they are COVID free which takes less 24 hours to complete. Yes, a 14-day quarantine is not required!
If you are a tourist all you need to do is:
- Pre-register your visit through the Baguio VIS.I.T.A. (Visitor Information and Travel Assistance) online registration system.
- You will also be required to have an advanced accommodation booking, as much as possible through one of their accredited tour operators as well as a declared itinerary for the entirity of your visit.
- On the day of your arrival, tourists will be mandated to undergo triage and PCR testing (to be paid by the tourist)
- While waiting for the results (maximum of 9 hours), you are to stay in your hotel.
According to the City of Baguio’s Facebook post, the tour operators and/or the hotel management will closely monitor the tourist’s vacation.
Which tour operators are accredited by the city of Baguio?
As mentioned in their post, tour operators with DOT-issued authority to operate certificate are accredited by the city. These operators are required by the city to register their tourists before their travel date. In addition, the city of Baguio requires tourism managers to:
- Regulate and monitor the entry and vacation of each tourist
- Make sure the process of triage and PCR testing is efficient
- Make sure the data and information of tourists are protected.
- They are also required to send updated advisories as timely as possible to tourists and locals.
The city will have a limited number of visitors each day so guests who enter illegally will be subject to the city’s rules and regulation. For inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org