Best Credit Card in the Philippines
Whether this is your first time to avail a credit card or your nth time, it is important that you make the most out of your credit card service. So if you are planning to apply for a new credit card, here are our recommendations based on your lifestyle:
Best Credit Card in the Philippines for Travelers
For those who love to travel locally or abroad, we recommend availing a credit card that offers mile points, free lounge access and can be used anytime abroad. In no particular order, here are our recommendations:
- Citi PremierMiles Card – allows you to earn a 1-mile point for every 30 spent. You can also get a free roundtrip ticket to Japan!
- RCBC Bankard AirAsia Credit Card – No annual fee for life and qualify for free flights via Air Asia airlines.
- BPI Delta SkyMiles Platinum Card – earn mile points whenever you use it.
- PNB Mabuhay Miles Platinum MasterCard – One of the few credit cards in the Philippines that offers great rewards.
- Union Bank Cebu Pacific GetGo Gold Credit Card – earn Cebu Pacific points every time you use your card.
- HSBC Platinum Card – get 4 times points when you use it abroad.
Best Credit Card in the Philippines for Moms and Dads
- Robinsons Bank Platinum DOS Mastercard – pay for all your purchases into two installments at 0% interest and zero annual fee.
- City Simplicity+ Card – a card that will never have an annual fee, late fees or even over-limit fees.
- AUB Easy or Classic Mastercard – a credit card that allows you to only pay for the amount you choose and when to pay it.
Best Credit Card in the Philippines for First-Timers
- Security Bank Classic Mastercard – a credit card designed specifically for first-time credit card users.
- City Simplicity+ Card – a credit card that will never charge you for annual fees, late fees or even over-limit fees.
Best Credit Card in the Philippines with Low-Interest Rate
- Metrobank M Lite MasterCard – will only charge you a 2.49% interest rate and 0.68% for balance transfers. Annual fee at 1,500 pesos only.
- AUB Platinum Mastercard – will charge you 2.25% interest rate and none for a balance transfer. Annual fee is free.
- EastWest Bank Platinum Card – will only charge you 2.75% interest rate and 0.9% for balance transfer. The annual fee is free.