How to File an Income Tax Return in Philippines Online
Filing your very first Income Tax Return or ITR is not as hard as it seems. All you need is a computer with internet access and your own email address to register and file every year.
According to the Revenue Regulation No. 9-2001, taxpayers no longer need to visit the BIR office to file their tax return information as this can now be done via an online portal.
1. The first step to registering yourself is to visit BIR’s website at http://www.BIR.gov.ph and click the eFPS icon. This should redirect you to the eFPS page.
2. Click on the “Enroll to eFPS” link which should direct you to a page where you need to fill up your information and hit submit as soon as you are done.
3. You will receive an email from BIR regarding the status of your enrollment which normally takes 3 to 10 days.
4. As soon as your account is approved by BIR, you need to check the banks authorized by your RDO to send your yearly payments. Please check the List of Authorized Agent Banks at BIR’s website.
5. Log in to your eFPS account and input the information required. Upon submission, BIR will give you a Filing Reference Number.
6. From there, you just need to fill up additional information and your preferred mode of payment.
7. Now you need to download the latest eBIRFORM to your PC which you can access in BIR’s website (eBIRFORM Offline package).
8. Install the file in your PC, open the program and fill up the information requested in the form.
9. Save a copy of the form you accomplished by clicking on “Final Copy” and submit the form to online eBIRForms.
10. The generated FRN will be your proof that the tax return has been received along with a confirmation letter sent via email.
11. Payment can be done through online banking or over the counter to authorized banks.