Filipino Food Recipe: Paksiw na Bangus
Paksiw na Bangus is a Filipino fish dish that is cooked with vinegar. It is a classic Pinoy dish that many Filipinos love. Unbeknownst to many, its actually very easy to cook it and you don’t need to be a master in the kitchen to do it yourself.
1 large size bangus, cleaned but not scaled cut into serving size
1 eggplant, sliced
5 cloves garlic, sliced
1 medium size onion, sliced
1/4 cup ginger
3 to 4 pcs. green chili pepper
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 cup water
1/3 cup canola oil
2 to 3 teaspoon black pepper, crushed
Salt to taste
1. In a casserole, put the ginger, garlic and onion on the bottom.
2. Arrange the fish.
3. Add water & vinegar.
4. Cover and bring to boil for 5 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste.
6. Simmer until sauce thickens then add canola oil.
7. Add the eggplant and green chili pepper. Simmer until cooked.
1. For step 7, do not uncover until cooked because it might affect the vegetables’ color. However, if accidentally uncovered, leave it open.
2. Best serve the next day!