Skip to content

How to Claim the 6k Yearly Pension for Senior Citizens

Last year, DSWD was reported to give a 500 pesos a month or 6,000 pesos a year pension to senior citizens in the Philippines. The program was called Social Pension Program for Indigent Senior Citizens or SPISC and has a total of17.9 billion pesos fund to use. However, not all senior citizens are properly informed who is eligible to receive it and how to claim it.

PWD / Senior Citizens Lane


Who are Eligible to Receive the 6k a Year Pension?

To qualify to the program, a person must be 60 years old or above and is not receiving any pension from the government or any private institution. The person must also have no regular income and is not receiving any form of support from their families. Senior citizens who are receiving Social Security System or SSS and Government Service Insurance System or GSIS is not eligible as well.

DSWD says therse are the people who are in “extremely difficult circumstances”.Ito yung hindi lang may edad na, may sakit pa o kapansanan, walang trabaho, walang maykayang kamag-anak na kumukupkop at walang ibang pensyong natatanggap.

Although the program was reported to have started last year, it seems many citizens are saying that they have not received their pensions still. Netizens have also expressed their dismay why the program doesn’t include all senior citizens in the country.

Also Read: 10 Senior Citizen Privileges You Probably Didn’t Know About

How to Claim Your 6k Yearly Pension?

To be able to receive your 6k a year pension, you must head to the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) or Office of the Senior Citizens Affair (OSCA) and submit the following requirements:

  • Senior Citizens ID
  • A certificate of indigency from CSWDO (This will be issued upon presenting a Barangay Certificate of Residency and Assessment Report from CSWDO field office)

For those who haven’t claimed their Senior Citizens Identification card yet, you just need to present your birth certificate, a valid ID and a 1×1 picture to register.

Once registered, the social workers will evaluate your case and forward it to DSWD regional office for validation. Once qualified, DSWD will notify them when and how they can receive their pension.

Vel Real Estate Services


1 Comment »

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: